At Medford Food Co-op, we strive to promote the health and sustainability of our community through several donation programs, including:
- small in-kind contributions to local organizations
- financial contributions to support local organizations via our Positive Change program
- hands-on nutrition education demonstrations
- donations of wholesome, nutritious produce, eggs, dairy, and assorted grocery items to the Medford Gospel Mission
- local organizations are welcome to table at the Co-op to spread awareness about their work
Donation preferences are given to registered (501c3) non-profit organizations in the communities most commonly served by Medford Food Co-op. Priority is also given to organizations promoting local, organic food, food related issues, or community health concerns. Individuals, commercial enterprises, and partisan organizations are not eligible for donations.
Positive Change Program
Spare change really adds up! The Positive Change program raises money for local non-profit organizations working to better our community. We believe in the power of change and the power of community – Positive Change combines these two beliefs into one powerful program. The Positive Change program is one of the many ways MFC fulfills the seventh cooperative principle: Concern for Community.
Next time you check out, say “I’d like to round-up for Positive Change,” and we’ll round-up the total of your purchase to the nearest dollar, or you can donate any desired amount. Each month, a selected non-profit organization will receive 100% of the donated funds. This program allows everyone to participate in creating positive change in our community. Thank you for making a difference!
Positive Change Recipients
Interested organizations can apply to be considered for the Positive Change program. All Positive Change applications are vetted by MFC’s Outreach Committee, and selected recipients are democratically chosen by MFC’s owners in the annual election. At MFC’s discretion, the recipient calendar may be preempted to raise emergency or disaster relief funds.
We give priority to organizations that:
- Are registered 501(c)3 non-profit organizations
- Use funding for work related to food, food related issues, or community health concerns
- Are based in the communities served by Medford Food Co-op
- Reflect the cultural and racial diversity of our communities
- Are nonpartisan and do not advocate a particular religion
- Use funding for a specific project (instead of general operation costs)
If your organization is selected as a Positive Change community partner we require:
- 2-5 high resolution photos representing your work
- A jpg of your organization’s logo
- Promotion of the fundraiser via your website, newsletter and/or social media pages
- At least one scheduled day of tabling in the store where a member of your organization engages shoppers
We are currently accepting Positive Change applications for 2021 recipients. Applications are due no later than January 31, 2020.
The Positive Change program is for organizations seeking direct financial support. If you are seeking a food or gift card donation please complete our Donation Request Form. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this program.
Requesting an In-Kind Donation
In-kind donation requests must be submitted a minimum of two weeks in advance of the event or date needed. Requests submitted less than one week in advance will not be accepted. Recipient organizations are eligible for in-kind donations a maximum of twice per year.
Donation Request Forms are available at our Customer Service counter or can be download via the link below. Include certification of your non-profit status, a copy of your program flyer, and any additional information about your organization.
Completed request forms may be emailed as a PDF to email@example.com, dropped off at the Customer Service counter, or mailed to Medford Food Co-op, Attn: Outreach Committee, 945 S Riverside Ave, Medford, OR 97501.
You will receive an email about the status of your request. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Tabling is open to community organizations, with preference given to registered non-profit (501c3) organizations. Commercial enterprises, partisan political groups, or campaigning by those seeking election are not allowed unless they are expressly sponsored by the co-op. Voter registration drives may be permitted.
Groups wishing to table at Medford Food Co-op must first reserve a day and time at least one week in advance. Tabling is limited to twice a month and only one group at a time. Please review the Tabling Policy & Agreement below for more details and email us at email@example.com to schedule a tabling date.